Clothes Of Sikkim?
- 1 What is the dress of Sikkim?
- 2 What is the male dress of Sikkim?
- 3 How traditional dresses of Sikkim is different from Delhi?
- 4 What is the language spoken in Sikkim?
- 5 Which food is famous in Sikkim?
- 6 What is the main dance of Sikkim?
- 7 What is the state fruit of Sikkim?
- 8 Who is the god of Sikkim?
- 9 What are the two tribes in Sikkim?
- 10 Is English spoken in Sikkim?
- 11 Which crop is the highest in Sikkim?
What is the dress of Sikkim?
The Kho or Bakhu is a traditional dress worn by Bhutia, ethnic Sikkimese people of Sikkim and Nepal. It is a loose, cloak-style garment that is fastened at the neck on one side and near the waist with a silk or cotton belt similar to the Tibetan chuba and to the Ngalop gho of Bhutan, but sleeveless.
What is the male dress of Sikkim?
The male Lepcha mostly wear Thokro-Dum that includes a pajama, a shirt, Shambo (headgear) and Yenthatse. The dress of male is rough and good for the field work. Bhutia men wear Kho, also called as Bakhu. It is tied at the neck and the waist with cotton or silk belt.
How traditional dresses of Sikkim is different from Delhi?
Salwar Kameez is the traditional dress of womenfolk in Delhi. SIKKIM- main languages of the Sikkim state are Nepali, Bhotia and Lepcha. Nepali is spoken by the majority of the population and is the lingua franca of Sikkim.
What is the language spoken in Sikkim?
Thus, first three main languages of the Sikkim state are Nepali, Bhotia and Lepcha. Nepali is spoken by the majority of the population and is the lingua franca of Sikkim.
Which food is famous in Sikkim?
Popular & Famous Food Of Sikkim
- Momos. Momos and Sikkim are words that are used interchangeably.
- Sha Phaley. Another favourite snack is phaley in Sikkim; this beautiful Tibetan dish is genuinely paradise for your tastebuds.
- Dal Bhat.
- Bamboo Shoot Curry.
- Sael Roti.
What is the main dance of Sikkim?
Mask Dance is the most famous dance of Sikkim and one can say it is almost synonymous to Sikkim. The Mask dance is divided into various types, Enchey Chaam, Rumtek Chaam and Gouthor Chaam.
What is the state fruit of Sikkim?
Sikkim Mandarin represents the most important commercial fruit of Sikkim. Sikkim Mandarin is similar to the Nepal or Assam or Darjeeling Mandarin.
Who is the god of Sikkim?
This festival is unique to Sikkim and commemorates the consecration of Mount Khangchendzonga as the guardian deity of Sikkim. It is believed that the mountain god played an active role in introducing Buddhism into this former kingdom.
What are the two tribes in Sikkim?
- The Lepchas. The original inhabitants of Sikkim are said to be Lepchas. They existed much before the Bhutias and Nepalese migrated to the state.
- The Bhutias. These are the people of Tibetan origin.
- The Nepalese. The Nepalese appeared on the Sikkim scene much after the Lepchas & Bhutias.
Is English spoken in Sikkim?
The official languages of the state are English, Nepali, Sikkimese (Bhutia) and Lepcha. Additional official languages include Gurung, Limbu, Magar, Mukhia, Newari, Rai, Sherpa and Tamang for the purpose of preservation of culture and tradition in the state. English is also spoken and understood in most of Sikkim.
Which crop is the highest in Sikkim?
Large Cardamom (Amomum Subulatum Roxb), a member of the family, Zingiberaceae under the order Scitaminae is the main cash crop cultivated in the sub Himalayan state of Sikkim and Darjeeling district of West Bengal.